We stretch to improve our flexibility. Increased flexibility can improve your physical performance during exercise and everyday life while reducing your risk of injuries.
Flexibility is one of several important components of physical fitness and sports. Is the ability to move muscles and joints through their full range of motion.
The importance of stretching before, during, and after exercising has been the key of my athlete’s success for several reasons: injuries free, flexibility and muscle recovery.
THE BENEFITS OF STRETCHING
* optimize an athlete’s learning, practice and performance of many types of skill movements
* increase an athlete’s mental and physical relaxation
* increase blood flow to your muscles
* reduce muscle soreness after training or competition
* reduce risk of joint sprain or muscle strain
* reduce muscle tension
* reduce risk of back problems
* reduce also the severity of painful menstrual for female athletes
This is why we focus so much on improving equestrian’s flexibility.
Stretching after your workout or competition is equally as important as stretching before.
Since it increases blood flow to your muscles, stretching afterward can lessen muscular soreness and aid in muscle recovery.
MAKE SURE TO DO A GOOD WARM-UP BEFORE STRETCHING